Monday, October 13, 2008

Endless Turbulence

Where are you taking me
why am I coasting across the sea
why do my feet skim the surface
without breaking it
are the waves shining
or are my eyes tinted gold?
why do I feel like I'm flying
how am I even moving
planted firmly upon the ocean
the light of the whole world
twists and shrieks
to sing my lullaby to me
are my veins empty of life
or full of death
truth is only a version
of a story woven by choice
oh, I do feel
I feel
change in the air
a static change that climbs onto me
and purring in my ear
coaxes me into lying
not down, but to myself
you are, you are, you are
and when I am not,
he slinks off
and lingers in the violent shadows
until I am again
there as my amness freefalls into the world
gathering speed, burning through the atmosphere
I see, as if from above
with my stratospheric desperation
it fall into the shadows
where it is lost
and the change, with glinting eyes
begins its feast on me

No comments: