Saturday, January 28, 2006

Felling Trees

I don't understand a few things. One, I don't understand why I am always the one who gets abused, snubbed, bitched about, when it is OTHER people who do things. I am kind enough to not NAME them, or say WHAT happened, or give any details that might indicate what it is that made me upset, yet when I talk about it in the vaguest of terms (ie, my last post) I have a multitude of people who I don't know, who weren't concerned (or who were and are still too nasty to admit it is them) and for whom these instances mean nothing, come and give what they think is their two cents worth. I have read through other blogs, and there are nastier things, more political things, more controversial things - yet when I want to communicate my opinion, or in my OWN blog I want to be upset over something, other people, either too nasty or too eager to for once be the one's doing the attacking, decide it is their duty to tell me I'm wrong. In all of the anonymous comments, the same message comes through - you are wrong. They say other people are entitled to act as they wish, with little or no consequence, but I am not entitled to think my own way without being persecuted for it.

Some people decide that it is their duty to point out their hypocrisy - yet fail to acknowledge their own - that they may come on here and preach to me about how to be a better person, yet be doing something nasty themselves at the same time. None of the comments concede with me on anything - they all attack me in one way or another - and that (not wholly) surprises me, because I wouldn't have thought that asking 'people' to be nice and not judge would insight others to speak against it. The people that have commented, thank you for your comments, but I simply cannot respect your opinion because you haven't put your name to it. You find it your duty to point out my faults, but can't find it in yourself to do the right thing and put your name on your comment. I honestly don't care if you don't like me - that isn't my issue. My issue is that you are too afraid of what I may say to you in real life if you take the credit you are claiming to deserve in correcting my misguided beliefs and replacing them with your own. People have commented that I am looking down on people with putting my views out there - then telling me what to think. I'm not allowed to tell people what to think - yet you are allowed to tell me what to think - that is, not what I think.

You are pointing out my hypocrisy, but if I point out yours, you just have to say "Well, you're not listening to what I'm saying."

Then, further, I am told that I should listen to what's in the comments, not the way they are constructed. So from this:

You fucking whore, you are a fucking retard who doesn't deserve life because you're a fucked motherfucker with a fucked up family who should all be fucking shot, you childmolester. Fuck off to retardland and go and fucking die.


...
I am supposed to take:

You who sleeps with many people, you are mentally disturbed, and you should not be alive because you are so disturbed, and you have a very misguided family who should also die, you paedophile. Please go away and die.

Notice how that is nigh on impossible? You can't ignore the abuse in there - similarly with me, I cannot take the 'message' from a comment, where every second sentence is a personal insult.

Secondly, I don't understand how you feel satisfied commenting on here, trying to make me feel bad. How does that enhance your life? It doesn't make you a better person. And commenting anonymously achieves nothing. If you don't like me - as your comment would suggest - then why be secretive? If you are secretive, then I may never know. You are wasting your time then, because I will obviously keep trying to be your friend in real life, which you obviously wouldn't want. If you don't like me as you suggest in your comment then don't like me outright, say who you are and you won't have to waste any more of your precious time on me, nor I you. If you are not saying who you are because you think I could be useful, then it is only a reflection on you, and not me, that you have done this. We never speak out in our society - so many friends I have seen hurt, suffer, all because they were too afraid to speak out. So go on. Do it. You might, ironically, thank me for it. Though I wouldn't expect anyone to do that, ever.

Where do you get off trying to make me miserable? Is it because by doing so, you feel more happy with yourself, that you are better than someone because you can say whatever you like about them without ever having to worry about the consequences? By felling another tree, the carpenter needs less wood and you might stay standing, right?

The carpenter always comes after those that stand alone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This all boils down to judgement. Frankly we are all different. We are all of differing backgrounds, of differing apperance, differing intelligence and so on. However, is it fair that we are judged on this... I, like rosie think
not. However, its the way the world is. We will always be judged on these things. The worst thing however, as Rosie mentioned, is when people feel they can better themselves, make themselves more superior to others simply because they are skinnier, richer, smarter ect. THAT is not WHO we are, that is WHAT we are. To judge people, without talking to them, getting to know a little of who they are is a bad thing, yet, to some extent we are all guilty of it.

What I think we should judge and asses a person on is their attitudes and values. That is what they say and what they do. That, ultimatley, is the person. The identity we assume on the inside is the one that defines us as human beings, not as people simply of the age and society in which we live.

To address the annonymous comments: There is nothing wrong with expressing your point of view, its healthy, and as rosie said it is something we should do more often. However, the underhanded and vicious comments made about individuals are uncalled for and show how cowardly these people really are. To come on to a site, make snide and nasty comments about an individual, and
withold who you really are. Thats just low. They are simply cowards, who feel they can infact better themselves simply by insulting others. They are the lowest form of life imaginible, the parasite who thrives off the lives of
others. Stop using others, insulting them, to clime that "social hierarchy" you value so much and then... take a step back, look in the mirror and have a real look. You may find that you are be rich, you look good, hell you may even be quite smart, but then look inside yourself, and ask yourself If you are happy with who you are? Somehow these anonymous people are so fantastic, so far up the social heirarchy, they dont even feel inclined to tell us their names.

Anonymous said...

OK, here's how it's going to go for me. I've been making anonymous comments on this site and expressing my opinion. Some people have complained that I am gutless for doing this (By the way, the jenius - i neither normally comment on here with a registered name nor know Rosie in real life - your reasonable conclusions should be rethought) so I have decided that I will attribute all of my comments in future to this name. No less an anonymous face, but you will have a name to label the face with.

This is partially so I can get my points taken more seriously, since I would honestly like a dialogue.

-Dylan

P.S. The comments I made, while hostile in intention, have never been abusive and I would like to express disgust with those who do make anonymous abusive comments, as hypocritical as I may sound ;)

Pirateguybrush said...

My apologies, no hard feelings. You can call me David if you like.

rosemarie said...

So, Dylan, if you want dialogue to be entered into, that's fair enough. I appreciate that you've made the gesture. I'm not hostile towards you - only the way I felt I was attacked on here when I was not making an attack on anyone person. So, if you want this to be a dialogue where we both get something out of it, what do you want to achieve? I will make the effort, if you will. Keep insults and hostility out of this and we may still salvage this situation and get something out of it. Eh, you never know - it's worth a shot.

rosemarie said...

Dammit! Please excuse my typos... I was watching TV while typing... and now I look stoopid.

Pirateguybrush said...

*loud whisper*

I THINK HE'S GONE...

Anonymous said...

Hehe. Thanks for that